Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I'm deeply conflicted...



It's a thrill to see Jackie Chan and Jet Li together for the first time (though honestly, their styles kinda clash). It wasn't till the middle of this trailer that I realized that this was an American production (there's another version that reveals this as Neverending Story in China much more explicitly). I'm a bit fearful that this'll be Bulletproof Monk again...ah well, I'll probably still l see it. It won't be worse than House of Flying Daggers right? Right?

Also, Tan Dun--so over. Please get someone else. Use that fellow that Johnny To uses. Heck, get Johnny To some of that big Hollywood money and import his style. I like the actors from Asia too, but if you can't get them to commit to more interesting projects, then start pulling in the directors. We don't need no Edison Chen.

2 comments:

Jonny America said...

I think you are prejudiced against brother Edison's good looks, and his extraordinary luck with Hong Kong's leading ladies.

hcduvall said...

That's me, being topical.

Anyway, I don't think it's his luck exactly, that got them in that mess.